Croque-MademoisellePrint Category Breakfast Thematic Stove Breakfast Less than 30 minutes Source Dairy goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
Click to enlarge
- 10 oz (200 g) Canadian Brie Triple-Crème cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Milk
- 24 thin slices of baguette bread, cut diagonally
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Warm knife blade under hot water and cut 12 thin slices of Canadian Brie Triple-Crème cheese.
- Using a whisk, beat eggs, then blend in milk. Place cheese slices on half the bread slices. Garnish with chopped anchovies, season with paprika and a generous sprinkle of pepper. Cover with remaining bread slices and press firmly.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, pressing firmly so crumbs adhere.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and fry sandwiches on both sides until browned.
Prep. Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins