Herbed Chicken, Orzo, and ZucchiniPrint Category Boneless chicken breast Thematic Autumn Stove Less than 30 minutes health Source Better Homes and Gardens Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup dried orzo
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 lb).
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with the basil; season with salt and ground black pepper. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add chicken and cook 12 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Remove from skillet. Add zucchini to skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In bowl whisk together vinegar, the remaining olive oil, and the 1 tablespoon fresh dill. Add orzo; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with orzo, zucchini, and fresh lemon wedges; sprinkle with dill.
Total Time: 20 min.