Warm Maple Chicken Liver SaladPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic Sugar Shack Stove Less than 30 minutes Source I love maple.ca Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 225 g (8 oz.) of chicken or duck liver, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) of maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) of mesclun
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of maple popcorn
- In a large frying pan, "sauté" chicken livers and shallots in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with maple syrup and caramelize for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add cider vinegar and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mesclun among 4 plates, add maple chicken livers and sprinkle popcorn on top.
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:5 minutes