Lemon Garlic Shrimp Soup with Brown RicePrint Category Seafood Thematic Stove Less than 30 minutes Source Campbell du Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 box (900 mL) CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use 30% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) uncooked, quick-cooking whole grain brown rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 lb (375 g) fresh or frozen shrimp (thawed) (31-40), shelled, deveined, tail on
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon rind
- Heat broth to a boil in 2 qt (2 L) saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet at medium-high. Add shrimp and garlic. Stir until shrimp is cooked and turns pink about 4 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice into rice-broth mixture and divide among 4 serving bowls. Divide garlic shrimp and place on top of rice. Top each with green onions and grated lemon rind.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Serves: 4 people
The presentation of this simple dish will impress?and it's fast to prepare for both family and last-minute company! Brown rice is more nutritious than white rice because it is a whole grain and it has a nutty flavour that complements the seasoned shrimp.
*Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
1g Saturated Fat
2g Dietary Fibre
6% Daily Value Calcium