EASY CLAM CHOWDERPrint Category Seafood Thematic Stove Less than 30 minutes Source Clover leaf Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Each: diced celery and onion
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cans (142 g each) Clover Leaf Baby Clams
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In large saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add celery and onion and sauté 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Add milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat and stir in instant potatoes. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add clams with liquid, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce; simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavours.
- Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Add 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) whole kernel corn, including liquid with clams.