Blade Roast with Red Wine and Root VegetablesPrint Category Blade Roast and Cross ribs Thematic Stove Crock pots Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60 mL (¼ cup) flour
- 1 beef blade roast (450 g/1 lb.)
- 3 parsnips, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) green beans
- 250 mL (1 cup) red wine
- 125 mL (½ cup) reduced-salt beef broth
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry onion and garlic in oil. Coat roast with flour and sear in skillet. Place in a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and cook over medium heat for 8 hours.
Variation: Don't have a slow cooker? No problem. Cook your roast in a baking dish at 180°C (350°F) for about 2 ½ hours, but remember to adjust the amount of liquid to 250 mL (1 cup) of beef broth and 125 mL (½ cup) of red wine.