Tonkinese Shrimp SoupPrint Category Asian and Oriental Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 24 peeled shrimp
- 450 g (1 lb) instant rice noodles
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken broth
- 4 whole star anises
- 20 snow peas or sweet peas
- 250 ml (1 cup) seedless green grapes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 leaves mint, basil or coriander leaves
- A few drops soy sauce (optional)
- To taste salt and pepper
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the star anises and let sit for 4 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook for 1 minute. Remove star anises; add shrimp, snow peas (or sweet peas), grapes and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into bowls, season to taste with herbs and a few drops of soy sauce.
Time: hands-on: 5 min
cooking: 10 min
total prep: 15 min