Autumn Oyster SoupPrint Category Oyster Thematic Autumn Stove Less than 60 minutes. health Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) Compliments olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) peeled and diced winter squash (butternut or acorn)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped celery
- 1 litre (4 cups) Compliments chicken broth
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) cayenne pepper, or less for a milder flavour
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) dried thyme
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) dried oregano
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) dried sage
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tin (398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into six
- 250 mL (1 cup) 15% M.F. cooking cream [optional; can be replaced by 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth]
- 24 pre-shucked oysters, drained, or 24 in-shell oysters, cleaned and shucked
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook onions and garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except mushrooms, artichoke hearts, cream and oysters.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but still firm. Add mushrooms.
- Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. Add cream and artichoke hearts and bring to a boil. Add oysters and remove saucepan from heat. Serve immediately
Serves : 6 servings