Pear and Lemon Preserve with Maple SyrupPrint Category Pears marmalade Thematic No thematic Source Fédération des producteurs Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 lemons
- 750 ml (3 cups) peeled and diced pears
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup or 180 ml (3/4 cup) maple sugar
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 1 vanilla pod
- Put the peel of two lemons in a medium size casserole and cover with water. Bring to a boil, pour through a sieve and scoop out the cooked peel. Pour out the water. Repeat these steps twice.
- In the same casserole, combine the peel, juice of two lemons, the pears, maple syrup or maple sugar, ground nutmeg and the contents of 1 vanilla pod.
- Mix, bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until the syrup and lemon juice mixture has thickened. Skim using a spoon whenever necessary.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal as for canning or keep in the fridge for faster consumption.
Servings: about 500 ml (2 cups)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
ENERGY: 81 calories*
PROTEIN: 0.1 g*
CARBOHYDRATES: 20 g*
FATS: 0.1 g*
Good source of magnesium
* Per serving of 30 ml (2 tablespoons)