Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup 2Print Category Zucchini Thematic Autumn Stove health Source VH Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- To roast squash:
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 1/2 lb (1.2 kg)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- For soup:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) VH® Vindaloo Sauce
- Carefully slice squash in half lengthwise, scoop out and discard seeds.
- Place squash cut sides down in a baking dish, add oil and water. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 1 hour or until knife-tender. Peel squash as soon as it is cool enough to touch, this will make the skin come off with more ease.
- In a large pot heat oil over medium and sauté onions and ginger until tender, about 10 minutes. Add cooked squash, water, coconut milk and VH® Vindaloo Sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Let soup cool slightly and puree in food processor or blender. Warm through and serve.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 100 min.
*Nutrition Facts Per serving 512 g
Amount % Daily Value
Fat 16 g 25%
Saturated 9 g
Trans 0 mg
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 140 mg 6%
Carbohydrate 39 g 13%
Fiber 7 g 28%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g