Chicken Meatballs on Spaghetti SquashPrint Category Zucchini Thematic Autumn Stove health Source Chicken Farmers of Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium, halved and cored
- 3 cups (750 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, fresh, finely-chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil, dried
- 1 pinch hot red chili pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parsley, fresh, finely-chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the spaghetti squash on the baking sheet, cut side down and roast until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Place the tomato sauce on the stove to simmer.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, egg yolk, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley, oregano, basil, chili flakes and salt and pepper. Use your hands to blend the ingredients and shape into 2-inch (5 cm) meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and sear on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer them into the simmering tomato sauce, cover, and simmer until fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash and divide between dishes. Top with meatballs and sauce. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and freshly-chopped parsley.
Prep Time:20 mins
Cook Time:45 mins
Chicken Meatballs on Spaghetti Squash
Protein 33 g
Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Carbohydrate 27 g
Fibre 5 g
Sugar 14 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 454 mg
% Daily Value
Vitamin A 22
Vitamin C 21
Vitamin B6 10
Vitamin B12 3