Rib beef, sauce and blueberry piePrint Category Flank steak and Top surloin Thematic No thematic Source Pleasures milk Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1 2/3 pound (750 g) flank steak (skirt)
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) veal or bottom of beef broth
- 1 sprig of fresh or dried thyme to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh blueberries or thawed and drained
- 1/4 lb (112g) Camembert Canadian diced
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). In a large skillet, heat oil and melt the butter over fire mid-high. Enter steaks by letting cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until meat is well colored. Transfer the meat in a baking dish, salt and pepper generously and continue cooking while preparing the sauce (as desired cooking).
- Sprinkle flour over the shallots and cook over medium heat until flour becomes red. Deglaze with wine, and add the thyme. Bring to boil and simmer until they are the right consistency.
- Stir in blueberries, camembert and season to taste. Let cheese melt and serve the sliced flank steak (in the direction of the fibers of the meat) with fingerling potatoes and green beans