Crunchy cauliflower saladPrint Category Cauliflower Thematic summer kitchen Less than 30 minutes Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) small broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) strips grilled or cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded old Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonaisse, lemon juice, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, cheese and red onion. Toss gently to coat. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Serve this bright and refreshing salad with fresh bread or grilled pita.
Tips: If you prefer gently cooked vegetables instead of raw, blanch the cauliflower and broccoli in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain well and let cool before adding to salad. Or, use frozen vegetables. Just thaw, drain well and pat dry.