Spinach and Leek QuichePrint Category Quiche Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped, cooked spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped, cooked leek
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Emmental cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream (15 %)
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) herbs of Provence
- Salt and pepper
Quiche Pastry: (2 crusts)
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 lb (125 g) butter
- 1/4 lb (125 g) vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cold water
- Sift flour together with salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter and vegetable shortening with two knives or pastry blender. Sprinkle with cold water, mix lightly until dough pulls away from bowl and forms a ball. Add flour, if needed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in 2. On floured surface, roll out half to fit quiche dish. Wrap leftover in plastic wrap and keep in freezer.