Chicken and Vegetable Stir-FryPrint Category Casserole and Wok Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) corn starch, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger root (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red chilies
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) butter, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced carrots
- 1 onion, diced large
- 1 each red and green pepper, cut in 1/4 inch (5 mm) strips, halved.
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken into thin narrow strips. In medium bowl, combine 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the corn starch, ginger if desired, sugar and garlic. Add chicken and toss to coat; set aside.
- Blend crushed chilies with remaining corn starch and soy sauce. Stir in water and set aside.
- In large frypan, melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked; remove from pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in same pan over high heat. Add carrot and onion; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Serve with rice