Carrot, Ginger & Pear SoupPrint Category Carrot Thematic No thematic Source Agropur Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 5 cups (1250 ml) peeled, sliced carrots
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Sealtest butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) Sealtest or Québon 2% Milk
- Salt & pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree vegetable mixture in blender or food processor until smooth. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour, mixing until smooth. Gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and is smoothly thickened. Stir in carrot puree. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: about 8 servings
Tip: A drizzle of Sealtest Sour Cream on top of each serving makes an attractive presentation.