Warm Turkey, Artichoke Heart and Almond SaladPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 400 g (¾ lb) cooked turkey, cut into pieces
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 100 g (¾ cup) sliced almonds, roasted
- 1 bunch (500 g) green asparagus
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 20 g (2 tbsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 300 g (1 package) arugula leaves
- Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately plunge in ice water to cool.
- Section citrus fruit into supremes (over a bowl to recover juice) using a sharp knife. Squeeze remaining fruit to extract any leftover juice.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet and brown artichokes over high heat. Add turkey, ginger, coriander and garlic. Continue cooking another 2 minutes. Deglaze skillet with rice vinegar, then add remaining olive oil and citrus juice. Season to taste and let cool.
- Arrange one quarter of the arugula leaves over each plate and divide warm turkey mixture over each salad. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and top with almonds, asparagus and citrus supremes.
Time: hands-on: 15 min
cooking: 10 min
total prep: 25 min