Lentils and Coriander SoupPrint Category Lentil Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of ground cumin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tin 796 ml (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1,5 L (6 cups) of vegetable or chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) of lentils
- 1 bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and garlic, stir and add cumin and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes, the broth, the lentils, salt and pepper and cook about 15 minutes or until lentils are done.
- Add one half of the coriander bunch and cook another 3 minutes. Serve with a garnish of yogurt and remaining coriander.
Time: hands-on: 15 min
cooking: 15 min
total prep: 30 min