Cuban Pork StewPrint Category Cubed pork for stew Thematic No thematic Source Académie Culinaire de Montréal Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 lb. 3 oz. (1 kg) cubed pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7 Tbsp. (105 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- ⅓ cup (78 mL) thinly sliced onion
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) brown sugar*
- ¼ cup (59 mL) red wine
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) flour*
- ½ cup (118 mL) pineapple juice
- ½ cup (118 mL) water
- ¾ cup (177 mL) cubed papaya
- ¾ cup (177 mL) red pepper, in strips
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper pork cubes. In a pot over medium heat, brown meat in hot oil. Add onions and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add sugar and caramelize. Add wine and reduce until it's almost completely evaporated.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir. Add pineapple juice and water. Bring to a boil and stir in papaya and red pepper. Stew for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.