Light and Lemony DessertPrint Category Lemons Thematic No thematic Source Nestlé Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs 250 ml
- 3 tbsp butter, melted 45 ml
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 30 ml
- 1 pkg (85 g) lemon jelly powder
- 1 cup boiling water 250ml
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk 150 ml
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 ml
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Combine graham crumbs, butter and sugar in small bowl; set aside 1 tbsp (15 ml) crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish.
- Place jelly powder in bowl; stir in water until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. Pour evaporated milk into small bowl. Chill in freezer 15 to 20 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge. Beat together cream cheese and sugar in large bowl.
- Gradually beat in cooled jelly until combined. Using clean beaters, beat chilled evaporated milk 1 minute or until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crumb crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill until set. Garnish with fresh fruit, if desired.
Makes 9 servings.
This dessert is light, lemony and luscious.
Nutrients per serving (without fruit): about 242 Calories, 5.7 g Protein, 11 g Fat, 30 g Carbohydrates.