HERSHEY'S Chocolate Lovers' Cherry CakePrint Category Cherries Thematic No thematic Source Hershey's Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3/4 cup (175mL) coarsely chopped slivered almonds, divided
- 1 package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1/4 cup (50mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50mL) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) almond extract
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup (250mL) CHIPITS Semi Sweet Baking Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 10-inch fluted tube pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds evenly in bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, stir together dry cake mix, cocoa and sugar. Add eggs, oil, almond extract and cherry pie filling; beat until well blended and cherries are chopped.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds and CHIPITS Semi-Sweet chips; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
Bake Time: 55 - 60 minutes
Yield: 10 - 12 servings