You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 can (14 fl oz/398mL) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 2 pkg. (250g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in carrots, pineapple and 3/4 cup of the pecans until well blended. Pour into 2 (8-inch) square baking pans. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of first cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Jazz It Up : For a special decorative design, use a toothpick to draw 4 diagonal lines across top of cake; sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup pecans over lines.
Substitute yellow cake mix plus 2 tsp. ground cinnamon for the spice cake mix.
Comments very good, I used a butter pecan cake mix, added a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of allspice, used the drained pineapple juice as part of the liquid!! worked well, tasted great!!