Chocolate Dessert WafflesPrint Category Waffles Thematic No thematic Source HERSHEY Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/2 cup (125mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 cup (50mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2mL) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chopped nuts(optional)
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE(recipe follows)
- STRAWBERRY DESSERT CREAM or APPLE-CINNAMON TOPPING or PEACH-NUTMEG TOPPING or CHOCOLATE MAPLE SAUCE(recipes follow)
- Stir cocoa and butter in bowl until smooth; stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk to cocoa mixture. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Carefully remove waffle from iron. Serve warm with HOT FUDGE SAUCE and STRAWBERRY DESSERT CREAM. About ten 4-inch waffles.
- * To sour milk: Use 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 1/2 cup. NOTE: Leftover waffles can be frozen; thaw in toaster on low heat. HOT FUDGE SAUCE 3/4 cup (175mL) sugar 1/2 cup (125mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa 1/2 cup (125mL) plus 2 tablespoons (5-oz. can) evaporated milk 1/3 cup (75mL) light corn syrup 1/3 cup (75mL)P butter or margarine 1 teaspoon (5mL) vanilla extract Combine sugar and cocoa in small saucepan; stir in evaporated milk and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring until butter is melted. Serve warm. About 1-3/4 cups sauce. STRAWBERRY DESSERT CREAM: Beat 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream in small bowl until stiff. Fold in 1/3 cup strawberry preserves and 3 drops red food color, if desired. About 2 cups topping. APPLE-CINNAMON TOPPING: Heat 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling, 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small saucepan until warm. PEACH-NUTMEG TOPPING: Heat 1 can (21 oz.)peach pie filling and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg in small saucepan until warm. CHOCOLATE MAPLE SAUCE 3/4 cup (175mL) sugar 1/3 cup (75mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa 3/4 cup (175mL) evaporated milk 1/4 cup (50mL) butter or margarine 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Combine sugar and cocoa in small saucepan; stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Add butter and salt, stirring until butter is melted. Stir in maple flavor and vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. About 1-1/3 cups sauce
Yield: 10 (4 inch) waffles