You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2/3 cup (150mL) CHIPITS® Butterscotch Chips
- 2 tbsp (30mL) whipping cream (35%)
- 3 cups (750mL) diced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 3/4 cup (175mL) soft butter
- 1 cup (250mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (175mL) CHIPITS® Butterscotch Chips
- 3 tbsp (45mL) whipping cream (35%)
- In medium bowl in microwave, or in saucepan, melt 2/3 cup (150 mL) butterscotch chips and 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream. Stir vigorously until smooth. Stir in apples to coat well.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and spices; mix into creamed mixture. Stir in apple mixture.
- Spread in greased 9-inch (23 cm) springform or square baking pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until tested inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove outer band from springform; cool to room temperature.
- Melt butterscotch chips and cream as above. Stir vigorously until smooth. Spoon warm over cake slices
Yield: 12 servings
Bake Time: 50-60 minutes
Serve slices of this delicious, lightly spiced caramel apple cake drizzled with extra caramel topping.