Celebration Chocolate CakePrint Category Chocolate and Fudge Thematic No thematic Source HERSHEY Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3/4 cup (175mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 cup (250mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125mL) butter or margarine
- 2 cups (500mL) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups (425mL) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (7mL) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (175mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50mL) dairy sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease three 9-inch round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; grease and flour paper. Mix cocoa with boiling water in small bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cocoa mixture, beating well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk and sour cream to butter mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; carefully peel off wax paper. Cool completely. Frost as desired. 10 to 12 servings.
Bake Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings