You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 24 fresh open oysters (with their juice)
- 4 frozen puff-pastry shells
- 500 mL (2 cups) water
- 1 packet (47 g) béchamel sauce mix
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) dry white wine
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley as garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Cook the puff-pastry shells according to the package instructions.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce according to the package instructions and incorporate the wine. Stir in the cheese and pepper. Cook on low heat, stirring until the sauce is smooth. Keep warm.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the oysters and juice. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the oysters start to curl slightly around the edges, but do not cook longer. Drain and let cool. Coarsely chop the oysters.
- Incorporate the chopped oysters into the sauce and mix thoroughly. Pour some sauce over each puff-pastry shell and garnish with parsley if you wish.
Serves : 4 servings
Note: To serve as hors d'oeuvres, use 24 miniature puff-pastry shells instead of regular ones.