Cheddar Walnut BreadPrint Category Cheddar Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 cups (500 mL) of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) of sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) of milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) of melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of shredded Sharp Canadian Cheddar
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of toasted walnut pieces
- Additional Sharp Canadian Cheddar, to garnish
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk and melted butter. Add to flour mixture.Stir just until moistened.
- Fold in Sharp Canadian Cheddar and toasted walnut pieces with it. Turn batter into buttered 9 x 5 x 3-inch (2-L) loaf pan or 3 (2-cup/500-mL) mini loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with additional Sharp Canadian Cheddar. Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out and cool completely.
1 large/3 small