Pecan Sugar PiePrint Category Sugar and Maple sugar Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream (15 %)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, in small chunks
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipped cream
Pastry (2 crusts)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 8 tbsp (120 mL) vegetable shortening
- 8 tbsp (120 mL) butter
- 4/5 cup (200 mL) cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In bowl, combine brown sugar with flour. In small bowl, blend maple syrup, cream and nutmeg and add to first mixture, beating lightly.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Top with pecans and butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
- In large bowl, combine salt, sugar and sifted flour. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in vegetable shortening and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle with cold water, tossing with a fork to mix. Gather dough together and form into ball. Add flour, if necessary. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Divide ball in 2. Roll out half on lightly floured surface with rolling pin and fit into 9 inch pie plate. Cover remaining half in plastic wrap and keep in freezer.