Soft Maple SquaresPrint Category Maple Thematic No thematic Source Fédération des producteurs du Québec Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup of crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 cup of maple butter *
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowls. Melt the maple butter in a medium casserole.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter in the casserole. Mix well to distribute the butter evenly throughout the mixture.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Add a little of the warm mixture to it. Pour the warmed egg into the mixture in the casserole. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture in a 20x20cm (8x8oz.) Pyrex dish that had been greased with butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake at 180ºC (350ºF)for 12 to 15 minutes or until the top is slightly golden. Let cool. If you wish, you can cut into squares and wrap in cellophane.
You will find maple butter in most grocery stores in the jam section.