Grilled Steak Fajita SaladPrint Category Beeftsteak Thematic No thematic Source Diana Sauce Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup Diana Sauce®, Original flavour 250 mL
- 2 tbsp each lime juice and chopped fresh coriander 30 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce or to taste 2 mL
- 1 lb sirloin steak 500 g
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper 1 mL
- 4 corn tortillas or small flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce 1.5 L
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion 125 mL
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 250 mL
- sour cream sour cream 125 mL
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and grease lightly. Stir the sauce with the lime juice, coriander, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Brush 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the mixture over the steak and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Brush the tortillas with the oil.
- Set the steak and the tortillas on the grate. Grill the tortillas for 2 minutes, turning as needed, or until well marked. Remove from the grill, cool slightly and break or tear into strips. Grill the steak for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Rest the steak for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Layer the lettuce, red onion, peppers and avocado onto four serving plates. Top with the steak and tortilla strips. Drizzle with the remaining sauce mixture and garnish with cheese and sour cream.
To make this salad ahead, marinate the steak in a Ziploc Freezer Bag. Pack the dressing and remaining salad ingredients into Ziploc containers to grill and assemble later