Topsy Turvy Lemon PiePrint Category Lemons and Limes Thematic No thematic Source Crown Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 9 in/23 cm frozen Tenderflake Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 1 pkg (250 g) Beatrice Cream Cheese Regular or Light, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) BeeHive® or Crown® Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) corn starch
- Prepare pie shell for Filled Pie Shell as directed on package.
- For cheese layer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add egg and blend well. Spread evenly in pie shell.
- For lemon layer, beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cheese layer.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool on rack. Garnish with whipped cream, lemon rind and Frosted Cranberries, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
VARIATION: Lemon Tarts: Use 24 (2 pkg) 3 in/7.5 cm Frozen Tenderflake Tart Shells. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
TIP: Before adding lemon layer, place pie in oven; pour on lemon mixture. This prevents spillage of filling while transferring filled pie to oven.
Frosted Cranberries: Using a fork, dip cranberries (fresh or frozen) in lightly beaten egg white then roll in granulated sugar.