Morning Crisp Banana BreadPrint Category Bananas Thematic No thematic Source JORDANS Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 175 mL
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 125 mL
- 1/3 cup 2% milk 75 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (about 3 med) 250 mL
- 1 1/4 cups JORDANS Morning Crisp Bursting With Nuts Cereal, divided 300 mL
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 425 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda, salt 2 mL
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla. Beat in banana. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the cereal. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; stir into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into 9 X 5-inch (23 X 13 cm) loaf pan lined with foil. Sprinkle remaining cereal over top. Bake in 350˚F (180˚C) oven 55 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan; remove foil. Cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices).
TIP: For 12 muffins, bake in 375˚F (190˚C) oven 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Slice: 270 Cal; 4.0g Pro; 12.2g Fat; 36.7g Carb; 1.3g DFib
Take your morning cereal "to go" in this moist banana bread with a crunchy top.