Raspberry Oat BarsPrint Category Oat and Cereals Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 ½ cups OLD MILL® Oats 375 mL
- 1 cup ROBIN HOOD® All-Purpose Flour 250 mL
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 250 mL
- 1 tsp baking powder 5 mL
- ¼ tsp salt 1 mL
- ¾ cup CRISCO® Golden Shortening, melted 175 mL
- ¾ cup SMUCKER'S® Raspberry Jam 175 mL
- Optional: 2/3 cup sliced almonds 150 mL
- Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine first five dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in melted shortening. Press two-thirds of crumb mixture into greased 9" (23 cm) or 8" (20 cm) square pan.
- Spread jam over crumb mixture.
- If desired, add almonds to remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over jam and pat down lightly to form top layer.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: approx 2 dozen bars