Apple pie Dutch stylePrint Category Apples Thematic No thematic Source No source Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pie crust, unbaked.
- 4 large apples (Cortland)
- 1/4 cup of 35% cream (¼ cup = 4 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Unroll out the dough, put it in a pie plate.
- Peel apples, cut into slices and put the apple slices in crust. Gently sprinkle with half of the cream = (2 teaspoons).
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour. Add the butter and work the mixture until it is crumbly.
- Spread cinnamon on the apples and sprinkle them with brown sugar and flour mixture. Drizzle with remaining cream (2 tablespoons).
- Bake at 450 F for 15 minutes (lower rack). Reduce the temperature to 350 F and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. If necessary cover the contour of the crust with foil, I personally dont do it.
I make a special mention for this apple pie. If you love apple pie, do not miss out on this gem of recipe.
I received several comments for this recipe, do not lose of view. I was lucky to find this recipe on an english website, a decade ago.
There is nothing to do, looking for a better recipe, but impossible to replace.
Photo: (Recipes Québécoises.com)
Bake the pie before freezing because the water discharge of the apple thaws.