Turkey and Kale FrittataPrint Category Good health Thematic No thematic Source Johanne: The gourmet confession Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups of loosely packed kale leaves, ribs removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Coconut oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven at 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs. Set aside.
- Step 1 : In an oven-proof skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat, cook onions and garlic until tender and translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 : Add meat, brown and cook ground turkey until it's cooked through.
- Step 3 - 4 :Gently add in the mushrooms, kale leaves and eggs.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes before running a spatula along the edge of the eggs & pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes more, making sure the top of the frittata is still uncooked. Place the entire skillet carefully into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.Once the top has cooked through and browned a little, remove the pan, serve warm or reheat in microwave the next morning.
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time:30 min
This recipe is great since you can get very creative by switching ingredients such as.
bacon, ground beef, sausages, pulled pork, shrimps, salmon or even ground lamb
asparagus, red bell peppers, zucchini, butternut squash, potatoes, spinach, arugula