Gingerbread Cookies (paleo)Print Category Paleo Thematic health Source The Gourmet Confession Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup coconut sugar + 1/4 cup for topping
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1.In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and spices (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, salt).
- 2.In another bowl, mix the coconut sugar with the oil and molasse for a good 2-3 minutes using a whisk (good arm workout here!).
- 3.Add the egg and beat for 1 more minute.
- 4.Then slowly add the dry ingredients to your mix, keep whisking!
- 5.Put some parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- 6.Using your hands with a bit of flour (or with 2 spoons), scoop the dough and roll it into a 1 1/2" balls. Then, flatten them with your fingers. Put some sugar on top of each cookie (or both sides if you prefer).
- 7.Bake for 13 minutes exactly.
- 8.Cool down completely before transferring them to a plate.
- 9.Icing is optional, see below.
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 13 min
Total Time 38 min
Notes: Icing : You can add some non-paleo icing topping by mixing some water with icing sugar until you get a texture that is liquid enough and workable but still thick enough it will dry and harden a bit.