Grilled Steak Salad NiçoisePrint Category Sirloin steak Thematic No thematic Source Chef Eddie Blyden Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 (16-ounce) top sirloin, skirt or flatiron
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup Nicoise or kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 new potatoes, quartered and steamed until tender
- 20 green beans, end trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons shallots, minced
- Start a charcoal or wood fire or preheat a gas grill or broiler, the fire should be quite hot and rack about 2 inches from the heat source.
- Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain green beans and submerge in ice water for 2 minutes. Drain again. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until medium rare to medium. Leave for longer for well done meat. Rest steak on cutting board for 5 minutes. Cut the steak into 4 to 5 thin slices.
- To make the vinaigrette, add vinegar to the 3/4cup of olive oil along with salt, pepper, shallot and mustard. Whisk together in a bowl until smooth or shake vigorously in a mason jar for one minute.
- Arrange mixed lettuces on a platter and top with chopped hard boiled eggs, Roma tomatoes, olives, cooked new potatoes, and green beans. Arrange steak on top of the salad. Drizzle 2-3 Tablespoons of dressing over each salad.
Preparation: 22 minutes
Cooking: 17 minutes
Crisp lettuce, tender grilled steak, flavorful vegetables, potatoes, and eggs make this a main dish salad your family will love.