Pineapple Apricot Macaroni SaladPrint Category Macaroni Thematic No thematic Source Smucker Foods of Canada Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
Click to enlarge
- 8 oz (250 g) dry macaroni (1 3/4 cups/425 mL)
- 1 (19 oz/540 mL) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced sweet red or green pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sliced celery
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Smucker's® Pure Apricot Jam
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain; cool.
- Combine macaroni, pineapple, pepper, celery and cheese in medium bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise and jam; stir into salad. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, or until serving time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Makes: about 8 servings
*Dressed with an apricot and mayonnaise dressing, this tropical take on classic macaroni salad is tasty any time of year.
*Add diced ham or chicken for a main course salad.