Roast Turkey with Sausage StuffingPrint Category Whole turkey Thematic No thematic Source Kraft Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb. (450 g) pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 2 pkg. (120 g each) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Turkey
- 1 turkey (10 lb./4.5 kg)
- Heat oven to 325°F.Brown sausage in large skillet on medium heat; drain, reserving 1/2 cup drippings. Pour reserved drippings into large bowl. Stir in hot water. Add stuffing mix and sausage; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened.
- rinse turkey; pat dry. Stuff neck and body cavities lightly with stuffing. Truss turkey, if desired; place in roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon any remaining stuffing into separate baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover and refrigerate until ready to add to oven near end of turkey baking time.
- Bake turkey 3 hours 15 min. or until internal temperature of thigh is 180°F and centre of stuffing is 165°F when tested with meat thermometer, adding dish of stuffing to oven for the last 30 min. of the turkey baking time.
PREP: 0 hr(s). 15 min / Total: 3 hr(s). 30 min
Servings: 16 servings, 1/16 turkey (110 g) and 1/2 cup (125 mL) stuffing each
*IMPORTANT NOTE,Do not stuff turkey until ready to roast.