Chocolate Snacking CakePrint Category Chocolate Thematic No thematic Source Recettes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla
- Icing sugar, (optional)
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Press brown sugar through sieve; combine with dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, water, oil and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Scrape into greased 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 35 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool. Dust with icing sugar (if using). Cut into squares