Corn and Bacon ChowderPrint Category Corn Thematic No thematic Source Recettes Quebecoises Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn kernels
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded light cheddar-style cheese
- In saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain fat from pan. Add onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes. Add to pan along with half of the chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Using potato masher or hand blender, mash several times to break up about half of the potatoes.
- Add remaining broth, corn and broccoli; simmer until broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in milk, salt and pepper; heat through but do not boil. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.