You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 16 cipollini onions, trimmed
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) fresh oregano finely chopped
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) cider vinegar
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) honey
- 8 (about 75 g each) lamb chops
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- To taste, salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, honey, cider vinegar, thyme and oregano in a bowl. Set aside 60 mL (1/4 cup) of marinade.
- Place onions in a shallow container with airtight lid and pour in reserved marinade. Close and shake to coat onions. Place lamb chops in a similar container and add remaining marinade. Close and shake to coat meat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Remove onions and lamb chops from marinade and drain well. Place onions and lamb chops on pre-oiled lower barbecue grill. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until onions are lightly browned and tender inside, and meat is slightly pink. Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Maceration: 30 minutes
* Variation: Replace the honey with maple syrup and the cider vinegar with balsamic vinegar.