Cool and Crisp Cucumber Melon SaladPrint Category Cucumbers Thematic No thematic Source gosouthfresh Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 1 tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill 5 mL
- 1 small clove garlic, minced 1
- 1/2 tsp each finely grated lemon zest, salt and pepper 2 mL
- 1/4 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil 50 mL
- 6 cups Southern U.S. spinach leaves, washed and trimmed 1.5 L
- 1 cup each chopped Southern U.S. honey dew melon and cantaloupe 250 mL
- 1/2 Southern U.S. cucumber, chopped 1/2
- 1/4 cup toasted Southern U.S. pecan halves 50 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese 50 mL
- Whisk the white wine vinegar with the honey, dill, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper until well combined. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil until well combined. Reserve.
- Arrange the spinach leaves on a large platter. Toss the melon, cantaloupe and cucumber with a small amount of the dressing. Arrange over the spinach. Sprinkle with pecans and feta. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing or to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
* Sweet melons contrast with cool, crunchy cucumbers in this light yet flavourful salad. Serve with grilled white fish, salmon or chicken for a perfect summer supper.