Peanut Butter CookiesPrint Category Peanut Butter Thematic No thematic Source Martha Stewart Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (crunchy may also be used)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dry-roasted, salted peanuts, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment. Set aside
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift 1 cup flour and baking soda together (full disclosure: I did not sift--I just added them both to the mixer and hoped for the best). Add to the butter mixture, and beat to combine. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not so sticky that you can't roll it into balls. If this is the case, add the additional 1/4 cup flour and mix it in.
- Scoop the dough out in tablespoons and shape into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork in warm water and press the dough balls down lightly with the back of the fork to flatten slightly (dip the fork back in the water for each dough ball, to prevent sticking). Sprinkle with a few peanuts, if desired.
- Place sheets in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden, rotating sheets between the shelves halfway through baking. Transfer sheets to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
makes 2 dozen