Vol-au-vent salmon and leekPrint Category Salmon Vol-au-vent Thematic No thematic Source Éditions de l'Homme Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 package of 6 vol-au-vent frozen
- 60 g (1/4 cup) margarine without milk products *
- 30 g (1/4 cup) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) soy beverage
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 1/2 tray, 115 g (4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 sliced leek (white part)
- A few sprigs of dill carvings
- 2 cans of salmon 213 g (7 1/2 oz), drained, or equivalent quantity of fresh salmon, cut into small pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the vol-au-vent according to the instructions that appear on the packaging. In the meantime, in a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add flour and stir vigorously until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Bring to a boil.
- Pour gradually drink soy and chicken broth, stirring well, while continuing to heat the mixture over medium heat. When the sauce begins to thicken, add the mushrooms, leeks and dill. Continue cooking over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.
- Just before serving, add the salmon to the sauce. Stir just to mix and heat through. If using fresh salmon and cook another few minutes. Salt and pepper generously. When the vol-au-vent is warm, this coat of creamy sauce and serve.
Preparation : 30 minutes