Pineapple Sausage AppetizersPrint Category Sausages Thematic No thematic Source Kellogg Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 500 g 1 lb spicy pork sausages removed from casing
- 375 mL 1 ½ cups RICE KRISPIES* cereal crushed to 175 mL (3/4 cup)
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) pineapple chunks in juice
- 30 mL 2 tbsp firmly-packed brown sugar
- 30 mL 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 30 mL 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 30 mL 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 medium sweet green pepper cut into 2.5 cm (1-inch) pieces
- In large bowl, mix together sausage and crushed cereal. Shape into 2.5 cm (1-inch) meatballs. Brown meatballs in large skillet over medium heat. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to equal 500 mL (2 cups).
- In 3L (3 quart) saucepan, mix together brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in juice, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Reduce heat, add meatballs. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pineapple chunks and green pepper. Simmer 3 minutes longer or until hot. Serve with cocktail picks.
3 dozen (36) meatballs
NOTES / HINTS
Whenever cooking with raw meats, ensure safe internal temperature is reached.