You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 500 mL 2 cups RICE KRISPIES* cereal, crushed to fine crumbs
- 325 mL 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 mL 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 mL 2/3 cup margarine or butter
- 125 mL 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 175 mL 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 30 mL 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 mL 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 mL 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1.25 L 5 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 750 g/1 1/2 lbs)
- 15 mL 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 mL 1 cup icing sugar
- 20 mL 4 tsp warm water
- In medium bowl, mix together crushed cereal, the 325 mL (1 1/3 cups) flour and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir until mixture is moistened. Pat about half of dough in bottom and slightly up sides of 23 cm (9-inch) square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix together sugar, the 30 mL (2 tbsp) flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss with sliced apples in large bowl. Spoon apples onto crust. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll out remaining dough on lightly floured surface to fit pan. Place over apples (don't worry if it cracks). Prick crust with fork in several places.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) about 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden. In small bowl, mix together icing sugar and warm water until smooth. Drizzle glaze over crust while still warm. Cut into squares and serve warm or cooled