Microwave Mushroom & Cheese RisottoPrint Category Rice Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 3 cups (750 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) Arborio or Italian-style rice
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine or additional broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Cheddar
- Place butter in 9-inch (23-cm) square glass baking dish. On HIGH: Melt butter. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken broth and wine (if used). Cook uncovered, until rice is tender (about 20 to 30 minutes). Stir once halfway through cooking. If rice isn't moist enough, add more broth towards the end.
- Remove from microwave. Stir in Cheddar. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley if desired.
This risotto is amazingly tasty and easy to make. Great the next day, too.