The Big Dipper BiscuitsPrint Category Shortcake Thematic No thematic Source Smucker's Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Robin Hood® All-Purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Crisco® All Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) buttermilk
- 2 cups (250 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Smucker's® Pure Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) The Big Dipper
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture until it is the size of small peas. Add buttermilk and stir until a soft batter is formed. Drop batter in 8 mounds on prepared baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Grease or line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Slice each biscuit in half horizontally, place some of The Big Dipper on top of the biscuit and drizzle some of the strawberry mixture on top. Serve immediately.
- Combine strawberries, jam and lemon juice. Reserve
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 biscuits
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Freezing: Not recommended