Creamy celeriac and green apple soupPrint Category Apple Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Compliments olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 2 green apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a casserole pot and fry leek over low heat for about 6 minutes until tender. Add celeriac, apples and potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer covered for about 35 minutes until vegetables are nice and tender.
- Purée soup in a blender. Salt and pepper to taste. If soup is too thick, add a little chicken broth or water. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.